February 25 will be remembered as the day J&J’s vaccine was confirmed safe and effective by the FDA, Lord of the Rings actor Sean Austin turned 50… and thousands of Chartio customers discovered they were in sudden need of a new business intelligence platform.
While we wish Chartio and Atlassian the very best, that’s cold comfort if you’ve invested in their SQL, cloud-based BI platform, and it’s powering dashboards your users are relying on every day. And while Chartio’s migration guide will certainly help you on your path, you’ll have to potentially migrate years of dashboards and datasets used by analysts, business users, and stakeholders throughout your company as you look for Chartio migration.
We’d like to offer some quick advice. First, while the migration is naturally on your mind, it’s also a time to reassess your needs. Take a look at our thoughts on choosing a new BI platform here.
Second, while a simple like-for-like replacement may maintain the status quo, it won’t move you forward, especially with the more complex, real-time (without data refreshes or extracts) requirements modern businesses are increasingly needing to deliver.
A lot of cloud business analytic tools promise insights and quick time to value. These tools are great for one-off, single-use analysis, graphs, and reports because you can simply plug in your data sources directly. But the problem comes when your organization wants to truly be data-driven at all levels, and support technical and business users alike.
So, we’d like to help out. And yes, We know bipp is a new kid on the BI ‘block’ - but we’ve been building our platform for more than three years. And now is a great time to think about a future-proof, modern alternative to Chartio, especially if you’re already familiar with SQL. Let’s make it easier for you.
- Go from Database to Charts in Minutes. bipp’s interface lets you quickly explore data through a point-and-click interface and create and share, all without programming.
- Always Free Trial. No credit cards needed, and no 10-day shut-off. You have time to explore bipp, either with your own data or using our sample datasets.
- Competitive Pricing. Prices start at $10/user/month. This includes everything you had with Chartio and a whole lot more.
- Enterprise-Grade. bipp includes features like robust permissions model, git-backed version control, bipp’s Data Modeling Layer and more from day one.
- On-Prem, Cloud, or Hybrid Deployment. You shouldn't have to move data to gain insight. bipp supports a range of deployment options and is cloud-agnostic.
- SQL Native with Auto-Generated SQL. As your team grows, business users can do their own ad-hoc reports using auto-generated SQL queries. Our reusable data models mean you'll never rewrite SQL queries again.
- Half Price for Year One. Learning new things takes extra effort - but shouldn't be expensive. bipp is happy to offer all Chartio customers a 50 percent discount on their first year of service.
- Key metrics, KPIs, and Dimensions
- A data-dictionary with agreed-upon core business logic
- Marketing attribution, sales funnels, customer, HR, operations, IT, and financial dashboards, and so on...
- Create their own reports/queries
- Drill down to row-level detail
- Schedule dashboards via email